Tko 500 Vs T5

72 all t5's starting in 93, gm or ford have a ford mounting pattern and are "world class" trannies. These are the T-56 six speed transmissions for the Ford Mustang, GM Camaro and Firebird, Chevrolet Corvette, and the aftermarket GM unit. Discussion Starter · #10 · Sep 25, 2011. The numbers refer to. Designed to be a replacement of the earlier model TR-3550 and TKO, the TKO-500 and TKO-600 has been significantly upgraded, making it more robust, flexible and versatile. TKO me!!! t5z you!!! i did a lot of research and the TKO is my choice if you are able to do a different rear ratio like a 3. 64 5th) TKO-600R 5sp (0. GM Dodge 11. Resena__Los_senores_de_la_serpi_I[§_I[§BOOKMOBI7 0$Œ *| 2Í ;Ì Db Lb Qî W \' ]¥ ]¨ ^ _ü `d aX bT c Desconocido 1 L„ cia:ˆ§‚? |5…Ç4€^4‚-Nƒï•o. This tends to be suitable for the vast majority of 4-to-5-speed conversions. The t56 is not what you guys think it is. QuickTime RM-8059 Flathead Bellhousing to TKO 500/600, TR 3550, T5 Mustang. Universal Ford TKO 500-600 T5 Mustang/TR3550 transmission SFI certified at 6. Input shaft is 26-spline and bearing retainer design is the same. Recommended Fluid type - TKO transmissions GM Synchromesh (GM part# 12345349). The TR-3550 five-speed overdrive transmission was developed to provide great torque capacity and is ideal for specialty sports cars the Tremec T-45, TR-3550, TR. It still has the 10 spline, but a higher rating than any T5, its also. it literally is 10 times the transmission of the T5. The TKO's are rated at continuous torque. This very popular conversion kit for the Holden H & W series will transform your vehicle from the outdated 4-speed or overworked factory 5-speed, to the TREMEC TKO-600, the most popular and versatile performance manual trans available in the aftermarket. The casting is very poor in my opinion. Robust 3-rail internal shift mechanism offers firm, positive shifts. Aug 18, 2015 · Just a nice weekend driving street car, non track. I JUST BLEW THE T-5 ON MY 95 COBRA. Fast forward to today and 500 lb-ft of torque is the new standard and shift points and power quickly escalate from there. That being said, as far as mocking up a T5 for a car using the TKO later, it is pretty close, but the transmission rear mount will have to be couple inches rearward of the T5 location. QuickTime RM-8059 Flathead Bellhousing to TKO 500/600, TR 3550, T5 Mustang. Don't know 100%, but overall I am sure the TKO is a better transmission, that is why I went that rought. Check your capacities. of torque so I will probably be at the top of the range for both transmissions. While RSG is known for its Tranzilla Magnum 6-speeds, we are also a Tremec® Elite dealer for TKO and T-5, 5-speeds. Upgraded - Synchronized. 31-spline output same for TKO/TKX. T5 vs TKO 500. $2694 for the T45 and $3199 for the TKO. Orders that are canceled will be refunded less the 3-6% fee that PayPal no longer returns when a refund is issued. The t56 is not what you guys think it is. For over fifty-five years, Mustang enthusiasts have been enjoying the notion of fast, fun, and freedom thanks to the legendary automotive innovators like Lee Iacocca and Carroll Shelby. Someone I respect rated strength from weak up as T5, TKO3550, TKO/T5GForce (Tie), TKO600, T56, Jerico. Free shipping. the TKO uses a 26 Spline input shaft and a 31 spline output shaft where as the T5 uses a 10 spline input shaft and a 28 spline output shaft. TKO500 5th gear is the same as the T56 6th gear. 82 compared to the. Silver Sport Transmissions offers TREMEC T-5, TKO, TR-4050, Magnum, Magnum-F, and Magnum-XL 5 & 6-Speeds as well as A41 and A41X 4-Speed Automatic conversion kits for classic cars, trucks, street rods, 4WDs, and select imports. Orders that are canceled will be refunded less the 3-6% fee that PayPal no longer returns when a refund is issued. Joined Feb 27, 2018 · 2,230 Posts. The TKO 600 has a 5th gear ratio at. This earlier bellhousing is prized because it allows you to directly install the beefier Tremec TKO 500/600 series transmissions. 68 5th) LT1/LS1/Viper T56 6sp. It's important to note that the six-speed upgrade is definitely the way to go, however, will cost you an extra $500 - especially when paired with a high-revving LS engine that can really stretch its legs on the. The TKO is ideal for high torque motors for the both the street and performance racing applications. 1; 2; First 2 of 2 Go to page. TKO 600 Vs TR3650. I would ONLY go TKO 600 if cost was a factor, wanted to run old school linkage, and didn't really drive on the free way. All TKO's have the same Ford style speedometer pick-up bore located on the driver-side rear extension. , tko's 105 lbs. These are the T-56 six speed transmissions for the Ford Mustang, GM Camaro and Firebird, Chevrolet Corvette, and the aftermarket GM unit. The T5 kits are nice but leave the weak link as the stock case. The TKO 500 5 Speed is ideal for high-performance racing applications. 00+ or minus then the tko-500 would have more of a first gear with the 3. This earlier bellhousing is prized because it allows you to directly install the beefier Tremec TKO 500/600 series transmissions. For higher-horsepower vehicles, step up to the latest iteration of the legendary Tremec TKO 5-speed. Fits 3 7/32 by 1 1/16 U-Joint - 1310 Series. The T5 kits are nice but leave the weak link as the stock case. Silver Sport Transmissions offers TREMEC T-5, TKO, TR-4050, Magnum, Magnum-F, and Magnum-XL 5 & 6-Speeds as well as A41 and A41X 4-Speed Automatic conversion kits for classic cars, trucks, street rods, 4WDs, and select imports. Tko 500 Bellhousing; Tko 500 Vs T5; Silver Sport Transmissions offers TREMEC T-5, TKO, TR-4050, Magnum, Magnum-F, and Magnum-XL 5 & 6-Speeds as well as A41 and A41X 4-Speed Automatic conversion kits for classic cars, trucks, street rods, 4WDs, and select imports. The T5 Transmission. This is the bell-housing used for bolting bolting a Tremec transmission to your 4. meant to put this in General Tech. TKO 500, 3550 with 28 SPLINE Rear Output. Do a search. 6000-Series hydraulic release bearings are designed to mount onto the transmission input shaft bearing retainer, and are compatible with a variety of transmission types: Ford Tremec TKO/TKX/500/600. I'd either go with a TKO from d and d performance for $1800 (then scatter shield and blowproff pressure plate). Quicktime Bells are manufactured using the input of racers as well as engine builders. 910" Full 1330 C4, AOD, Tremec T5, Toploader T2-3-10431HP: 32 1. 83 5th) 3550/TKO/500 5sp (0. TKO-600 5sp (0. The TKO 5-speed is an early top-loader-style transmission rated for up to 600 lb-ft of torque capacity, and it can be reliably shifted at engine speeds up to 6,200 rpm. The TKO-500 is a 5 speed overdrive transmission introduced in 2004 to replace the TR-3550. Now back to the T5 vs TKO. Actual torque rating are affected by vehicle weight, tire type and size, clutch and pressure plate, and driving style. I'm expecting over 500 at the rear wheels. Not the same as my standard T5 kit slave More Information: International Shipping or Extra Charges International shipping is extra. The tko 600 is actually rated at 600 ft/lbs. The T5 Transmission. You will need to move the Xmember back and drill new holes or spend $$ on and new one designed for it. Resena__Los_senores_de_la_serpi_I[§_I[§BOOKMOBI7 0$Œ *| 2Í ;Ì Db Lb Qî W \' ]¥ ]¨ ^ _ü `d aX bT c Desconocido 1 L„ cia:ˆ§‚? |5…Ç4€^4‚-Nƒï•o. Differences between the TKO500 and 600 are mainly in gear ratios and input shaft splines. or 4 payments of $12. TKO500 5th gear is the same as the T56 6th gear. is rated at 500 ft pounds, beating the T56 I have in the garage. TKO 500, 3550 with 28 SPLINE Rear Output. This is the bell-housing used for bolting bolting a Tremec transmission to your 4. Do I need to swap the bellhousing for the TKX or will i fit straight on? Also what is the input shaft bearing retainer outside diameter (for the hydraulic release bearing)? Thanks, Jan. TKX on the left has a much smaller more streamlined case vs the TKO. The TKO replaced a Richmond 4+1 5 speed (5th =1:1). 49 or faster in the quarter mile. T5 Drive Gear and Driven Gear Combinations. 0L V8 Mustangs. 98 first instead of 2. 910" Full 1330 C4, AOD, Tremec T5, Toploader T2-3-10431HP: 32 1. Tremec® TKO 500 & TKO 600 5-Speed Performance Transmissions. The TKO 5-speed is an early top-loader-style transmission rated for up to 600 lb-ft of torque capacity, and it can be reliably shifted at engine speeds up to 6,200 rpm. View Details. In American automotive, they were the first to bring an ability to help man and machine connect as one. It appears from just looking up something that the TKO 500 and 600 are both capable of handling 600 ft lb torque and other than that only difference I notice from reading is the gear ration difference( correction the 500 about 500 foot pounds of torque and the 600 around 600 foot pounds of torque). Reverse Light Switch (80-04) #LRS-15520A. 28 respectively. 98 first instead of 2. I also expect to be beating the piss out of the tranny, drag launches multiple times per day, etc. Height - 5. Turns out this is a common complaint online. 99 Shop Now. We are an Elite Tremec Transmission Distributor, making us the best source for all of your T-5, T-45, T-56, T-56 Magnum, TKX, TKO-500, TKO-600, TR-3650 and TR-6060 transmission needs. Not anyway near a real tremec like a tko or a tko 500. It still has the 10 spline, but a higher rating than any T5, its also. For a cable driven speedometer to be accurate, it requires the correct combination of 4 different things - DRIVE GEAR, DRIVEN GEAR, TIRE DIAMETER and REAR END RATIO. I just went through this analysis and bought a TKO (just TKO). Youngsville , LA. There are two versions of the TKO available: the TKO600, with a torque input rating of 600 ft-lbs, and the TKO500, with a rating of 500 ft-lbs. Sequential Shifter: Magnum. The T45 and T56 share some parts. The input shaft has the same 10 spline input shaft as that of a 93 and earlier T-5. The manual transmission line of Borg Warner is now owned (since 1998) by Transmission Technologies Corporation (TTC), however, the design remains unchanged between the two transmission lines. TKO 500 / TKO 600 Tremec (image is mirror /reversed) T-5 Tremec (note difference side vertical ribs to the 3550 and 500/600) 3550 / 3550 TKO Tremec: RBT ZF Transaxle: QUAIFE ZF Transaxle (image is mirror /reversed) Note back cover: Keisler SS700:. Borg Warner transmissions, for…. T5 vs TKO 500. Tko 500 Bellhousing; Tko 500 Vs T5; Silver Sport Transmissions offers TREMEC T-5, TKO, TR-4050, Magnum, Magnum-F, and Magnum-XL 5 & 6-Speeds as well as A41 and A41X 4-Speed Automatic conversion kits for classic cars, trucks, street rods, 4WDs, and select imports. So after putting about 500 miles on my car and a track day at road Atlanta I am very unhappy with my TKO 600. I would keep the T56 above the T5. Speed Gems is a manufacturer and supplier of transmission adapters that allow the custom car builder to use a variety of engine and transmission combinations. It appears from just looking up something that the TKO 500 and 600 are both capable of handling 600 ft lb torque and other than that only difference I notice from reading is the gear ration difference( correction the 500 about 500 foot pounds of torque and the 600 around 600 foot pounds of torque). TREMEC TR-3550. T-5 5-Speed: It's small, light, smooth. The difference between the trannys are pretty simple. This very popular conversion kit for the Holden H & W series will transform your vehicle from the outdated 4-speed or overworked factory 5-speed, to the TREMEC TKO-600, the most popular and versatile performance manual trans available in the aftermarket. The Ford Performance Tremec M-6392-M46 bellhousing will help get your Tremec transmission bolted to your modular engine making installation a breeze. If you're going to rebuild the engine to stock specs, i. For over fifty-five years, Mustang enthusiasts have been enjoying the notion of fast, fun, and freedom thanks to the legendary automotive innovators like Lee Iacocca and Carroll Shelby. Multiple shifter locations & dual speedo pick-ups for extreme versatility. The t56 is not what you guys think it is. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 13 of 13 Posts. The T5 is not very strong in stock form and was basically used on 302 motors. I also expect to be beating the piss out of the tranny, drag launches multiple times per day, etc. Actual torque rating are affected by vehicle weight, tire type and size, clutch and pressure plate, and driving style. We are an Elite Tremec Transmission Distributor, making us the best source for all of your T-5, T-45, T-56, T-56 Magnum, TKX, TKO-500, TKO-600, TR-3650 and TR-6060 transmission needs. all gears >> TKO-500, TKO, 3550 (3. I believe the 26 vs 31 spline question needs some clarification. Ford Tremec 3550 Tko 500 600 Main Case 2606106. This bellhousing is not S. TREMEC TKO 500 / TKO 600 Basics The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled. I'm not going to do any racing. The mounting pad is a little higher too, which can be taken care of with some body washers or a similar. The gear ratio from 4th to 5th is to big of a jump and will require lots of shifting from 4th to 5th and 5th to 4th when going uphill/slight incline gear ratio 4th 1. Read PDF 1966 Mustang Manual Transmission Conversio 1966 Mustang Manual Transmission Conversio Recognizing the habit ways to acquire this book 1966 mustang manual transmission conversio is additionally useful. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. Symptoms of a PE may include shortness of breath, chest pain particularly upon breathing in, and coughing up blood. Regular price $79 95 $79. Nov 7, 2020 #8. is a distributor of high quality transmission slip yokes. - rated T-5). pros: for stock its very strong and can handle the abuse, 6 gears. 83 5th) 3550/TKO/500 5sp (0. Drive shaft - length is the same (10. I went with the TKO 500 and like it. com/product-category/hot-rod/dress-up-performance-bolt-ons-hot-rod/transm. 68)? Since I'll be changing the rear differential eventually anyway, I can select the appropriate rear gear later. $2694 for the T45 and $3199 for the TKO. 27 1st gear, if you use a 4. 27 1st versus the 2. ) Speedo Type Spline Count Gear Ratios Input Output 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th Rev GM TCET4616 Any 500 No 99 Mech/Elec 26 31 3. I believe the 26 vs 31 spline question needs some clarification. Need a special slave cylinder, Need a special pilot bearing. QuickTime RM-8059 Flathead Bellhousing to TKO 500/600, TR 3550, T5 Mustang. The TKO 5-speed is an early top-loader–style transmission rated for up to 600 lb-ft of torque capacity, and it can be reliably shifted at engine speeds up to 6,200 rpm. Ford Racing Mustang Hurst T5/T45 Shifter; Steeda Ford Mustang Tremec T5/T45 Tri-Ax Shifter; American Powertrain White Lightning Shifters. 64) versus the wider ratio of the TKO500 (3. Fast forward to today and 500 lb-ft of torque is the new standard and shift points and power quickly escalate from there. The TREMEC has a wider range of gears, whereas the Richmond has a closer set of gearing. [email protected] Designed to be a replacement of the earlier model TR-3550, the TKO 500 5 Speed has been significantly upgraded, making it more robust, flexible and versatile. So this paragraph isn’t really a comparison, but rather an informational section that applies to both transmissions. The transmission almost always grinds and misses 3rd gear at track day events. The T5 kits are nice but leave the weak link as the stock case. Need a special slave cylinder, Need a special pilot bearing. 500" Diameter Ships Free Diameter: 10. 28 1st gear and with my engine and 3. Just a nice weekend driving street car, non track. Not pocket change. I'd do a tko 500 with the 26 spline input shaft if i was buying new. S1 Sequential - Pty Ltd, Abn 66 607 055 809. As more and more enthusiasts realize the benefits of an overdrive, not just for fuel economy, but for less noise and more comfort, we will continue to see the Tremec TKO and big brother the T-56 Magnum getting swapped into every variation of vehicle. Action Machine Inc. White Black. 27 1st versus the 2. G-Force 5-Speed T5 Transmission. So, 5 speed it is - TBD if I go with T5 or TKO 500, but as of today am leaning toward the T5 for what I have. when i did my t5 tko 500 swap i didnt notice any length differences. I've only had the car out 3 times since the new tranny is in, for a total of about 30 (great) miles. Used in my 3550/TKO/94-95 T5 kits. the 10 spline input(on the 500) like used on the t5's/3550's is a. Summit Racing offers American Powertrain transmissions, transmission. 1999-2014 GM 2500 and 3500 series trucks with the AAM 11. 910" Full 1330 C4, AOD, Tremec T5, Toploader T2-3-10431HP: 32 1. Many have found that this transmission was lacking in several areas. Here is a bit of the history of the TKO line. T-5 5-Speed: It's small, light, smooth. Discussion Starter · #21 · Jun 11. Robust 3-rail internal shift mechanism offers firm, positive shifts. They can both handle the power. Add in that we have made this the shortest throw shifter available while. tremec tko 600 installation instructions tremec 3550 for sale tremec 3550 vs tko 500 tremec 3550 vs t5 tremec 3550 vs 3650tremec 3550 shifter. Upgraded – Synchronized. Input shaft is 26-spline and bearing retainer design is the same. 375") but the output shaft on a TKO-500 has 31 splines while the T-5 has 28 so you will need to find a new yoke or you can replace the whole driveshaft. Intended for use in manual transmissions that require GL4 75W85 MTF, synchromesh, or DEXRON®-III/MERCON® fluids. is rated at 500 ft pounds, beating the T56 I have in the garage. I'M NEED A TRANNY. Listed below is everything you need to know in regards to the T5, TKO-500, TKO-600 and Tremec T56 transmissions in relation to 1979-1993 Foxbody Mustangs. This is the bell-housing used for bolting bolting a Tremec transmission to your 4. Tremec TKO 500 5-Speed Transmissions for Sale It’s been over 20 years now since the TKO revolution began and we see no signs of it slowing down. 95 Lowest Price Guarantee. TREMEC's TKO series of 5-speed transmissions was first made famous by the 5. Back to Parts List Page. Exceptionally light at just 99 lbs. As of 10/19/07 retail price for a TKO-500 is $1895. The 500 has a shorter 1rst gear then the 600, and is about $100 cheaper. The tko 600 is actually rated at 600 ft/lbs. TKO vs c4 Can you guys give me some pros/cons of both transmissions? I'm building a 408W and my t-5 won't hold up under these kind of hp #'s. 87 1st and I like it much better. The main reason guys like the T5 vs the TKO is that they are easier to shift quickly. Tranzilla TKO Synchro Rings are available from you local Rockland Standard Gear dealer or directly from Rockland. Fits 3 7/32 by 1 1/16 U-Joint - 1310 Series. Features and Benefits: - Ford Performance Quality. She served in the IDF for two years, and won the Miss Israel title in 2004. The Ford 3550 sounds like a good candidate for now rated at 375ft/lbs. The T-5 first hit the scene in the early 1980s from Borg-Warner and is now manufactured by Tremec. i got one of the old style tkos for under 1300 and these newfangled ones are gonna be right under 2 grand. I still prefer the tko 500 due to the better ratio's. Ergo I beleive the question becomes moot once you settle on a transmission. CONTACT US. But there is a cost difference in finding clutches for the 10 spline input shaft of the TKO500 that uses the same clutch as the T5 or you will have to deal with the 26 spline input shaft of the TKO600. org> Subject: Exported From Confluence MIME-Version: 1. NEW! Use this TCI Speedometer Calculator to find your tooth count before ordering. if only it was a 6-spd. Hurst Manual Transmission Shifter Blackjack For 70-81 Camaro Tremec TKO 500/600 $461. SKU: TCET4616 Categories: Transmissions, Tremec TKO 5 Speed. These transmissions feature tapered roller bearings on the cluster, caged needle bearings under the 1st, 2nd and 3rd speed gears on the main-shaft, double synchronizers on 1st. Aftermarket T56 6sp Muncie M20 Wide Ratio 4sp. Ford Tremec 3550 Tko 500 600 Main Case 2606106. Given this powerful state of affairs Tremec decided to upgrade its classic TKO five-speed transmission for a number of reasons. The T-5 manual transmission has been installed as original equipment in a variety of vehicles, from pick-up trucks and SUV's to the 5. Please provide the country that. 87 in the 600. 64) versus the wider ratio of the TKO500 (3. is also a TKO 600 - rated at 600 ft pounds. Far and away the most versatile 5-speed transmission on the market, the TKO offers an impressive array of flexibility features – including multiple shifter locations, mounting configurations, gearing. Universal Ford TKO 500-600 T5 Mustang/TR3550 transmission SFI certified at 6. Notice how the TKO-500 and the Richmond have a nearly identical 1st gear ratio, but the 5th gear ratios are considerably different. Tremec TR-3550 Pdf User Manuals. Partially true, First, there is no bolt pattern issue, the TKO-500 and 600 use the same bolt pattern as all the later Toploaders. Showing the single result. 27 1st gear, if you use a 4. Fast forward to today and 500 lb-ft of torque is the new standard and shift points and power quickly escalate from there. 31 and tko600/3. The Richmond had a 3. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 11 of 11 Posts. The T-5 first hit the scene in the early 1980s from Borg-Warner and is now manufactured by Tremec. But anything is possible with enough horsepower and Bite. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 7 of 7 Posts. For higher-horsepower vehicles, step up to the latest iteration of the legendary Tremec TKO 5-speed. These transmissions feature tapered roller bearings on the cluster, caged needle bearings under the 1st, 2nd and 3rd speed gears on the main-shaft, double synchronizers on 1st. Jump to Latest Follow Also if my memory serves correct, there is a road race TKO 600. A Viper trans is a lot more expensive than a TKO 500/600, About a grand more. 68 of the TKO 500. com/product-category/hot-rod/dress-up-performance-bolt-ons-hot-rod/transm. 28 1st gear and with my engine and 3. The input shaft has the same 10 spline input shaft as that of a 93 and earlier T-5. As more and more enthusiasts realize the benefits of an overdrive, not just for fuel economy, but for less noise and more comfort, we will continue to see the Tremec TKO and big brother the T-56 Magnum getting swapped into every variation of vehicle. The shifter location (Moveable on TKO), shifter base (T5), and spline counts are different. Ford, Falcon, 1961-1965, Ford AOD, T-5, TKO-500, TKO-600. The shifter location (Moveable on TKO), shifter base (T5), and spline counts are different. GForce T5 vs TKO 600 1970 Trans Am So after putting about 500 miles on my car and a track day at road Atlanta I am very unhappy with my TKO 600. 375") but the output shaft on a TKO-500 has 31 splines while the T-5 has 28 so you will need to find a new yoke or you can replace the whole driveshaft. Tko Carbon Synchro Blocker Ring 1-5 Set Fitting Tremec 3550 Tko500 Tko600. SKU: TCET4616 Categories: Transmissions, Tremec TKO 5 Speed. American Powertrain also offers a more economical Tremec TKO five-speed-based swap kit that is about $500 less than the six-speed. Option number 2. "World Class" models were introduced in 1985. 0, Cobra R, Fox Body, SVT Cobra, Bullitt, Cobra, GT, V6. Has someone done the install with the mustang T5 I guess with the lakewood bell housing that will connect to a BBC with an offset gear shift conversion so that you do not have to cut the trans tunnel on the car. MGW's short throw shifters for 1982 to 2004 Ford Mustangs have 2 utility patent features that are not available on any other shifters. Multiple shifter locations & dual speedo pick-ups for extreme versatility. The 1-2 split is big so rather than play with rear gear to favor 1st for my street car, I am thinking to change the rear to favor the other four gears and later go back and change the 1st gear ratio. As more and more enthusiasts realize the benefits of an overdrive, not just for fuel economy, but for less noise and more comfort, we will continue to see the Tremec TKO and big brother the T-56 Magnum getting swapped into every variation of vehicle. TKX features and dimensions. $2694 for the T45 and $3199 for the TKO. supposedly the tko# is what they're rated at torque capacity wise but i think it's bs. This makes another viable option, and tbh I'd rather just go tkx. 68) change my t5 to a 2. 31-spline output same for TKO/TKX. Hi Dave; As far as power shifting the TKO, the TKO I have in my 89 Notch shifts out at 7000 with no problems. the 3550 is stronger than all three. Fits 3 7/32 by 1 1/16 U-Joint - 1310 Series. Listed below is everything you need to know in regards to the T5, TKO-500, TKO-600 and Tremec T56 transmissions in relation to 1979-1993 Foxbody Mustangs. Free shipping. DISCONTINUED PRODUCT Designed to be a replacement of the earlier model TR-3550, the TKO 600 5 Speed has been significantly upgraded, making it more robust, flexible and versatile. A T5 with a cable style speedometer output has a plastic gear on the output shaft called the DRIVE GEAR. TREMEC TKO-5-speed. The TKO-500/600 uses a total of nine pads for a complete transmission. They will not fail or wear like the stock teflon pads. Don TC # 349. TREMEC TKO-500 / TKO-600. 82 5th) 3550/TKO II 5sp (0. Three fifth gear ratios available: 0. certified which is required by many sanctioning bodies for cars running 11. The TKO II is stronger yet, and all of those preceded the TKO-500 and TKO-600, which were released in 2004. Within each of these models, multiple gear ratios are avail­able. Tremec 3550, TKO 500/600 Hydraulic Clutch Kit for a 65-66 Mustang. Silver sport trans have quoted complete kit for TKO500, they said T5 would take more to make fit. For TKO-500 & TKO-600 30-17-4X DDisassembly and Assembly Instructionsisassembly and Assembly Instructions Qty. These Kits are Proudly Produced in the U. Anyway, I can say after 30,000 miles of hard driving its the best thing I have ever done in my car, unbreakable, even with an average of 2 sets of MT ET Streets per summer season. the 3550 is stronger than all three. Designed to be a replacement of the earlier model TR-3550 and TKO, the TKO-500 and TKO-600 has been significantly upgraded, making it more robust, flexible and versatile. The numbers refer to. Everything from the Trans back has been already figured out so it's a welcome relief from the R&D and fabrication associated with this swap. 27 first gear with a. Ford Single Rail; Ford T5 6 Cyl; Ford Toploader; Ford Tremec TKO 500 & 600; GM Powerglide; GM T350; GM T400; GM T5 V6; GM T700 V6; GM T700 V8; GM Tremec TKO 500 & 600; Muncie; Saginaw; Super T10. 68) change my t5 to a 2. Walsh says some early TKOs used two pads on the. T-5 5-Speed: It's small, light, smooth. As found in Jeeps behind the 2. These are a high performance upgrade for all T5 transmissions. The TKO-500 and TKO-600 five-speeds are Tremec aftermarket units that have been around since 2004 and are usually only found as new assemblies. Has someone done the install with the mustang T5 I guess with the lakewood bell housing that will connect to a BBC with an offset gear shift conversion so that you do not have to cut the trans tunnel on the car. Their physical size might be an issue. Borg Warner transmissions, for…. GM Dodge 11. the TKO is fatter and boxier than the t5not to mention way mo bad ass. of torque capacity. 1; Universal fork brackets for diaphragm or cable operated linkage; Pivot ball, fork brackets, grade 8 bolts and full engine plate included › See more product details. 1999-2014 GM 2500 and 3500 series trucks with the AAM 11. I'm not going to do any racing. The TKO has a little deeper overdrive and they say they shift well "up to 6200" which is. A Viper trans is a lot more expensive than a TKO 500/600, About a grand more. 25 threaded stud for the shift knob of your choice. TKO500 5th gear is the same as the T56 6th gear. Second is the 360° adjustable handle. TKO 500 vs 600. As more and more enthusiasts realize the benefits of an overdrive, not just for fuel economy, but for less noise and more comfort, we will continue to see the Tremec TKO and big brother the T-56. If you are looking to make enough of power to need the TKO600 then I would skip all these options and go diretly to the V8 adapter set-up. You need a tranny built to take the punishment. Metric dimensions have been converted to inches and rounded to the nearest 0. MGW's short throw shifters for 1982 to 2004 Ford Mustangs have 2 utility patent features that are not available on any other shifters. TKO vs c4 Can you guys give me some pros/cons of both transmissions? I'm building a 408W and my t-5 won't hold up under these kind of hp #'s. This tends to be suitable for the vast majority of 4-to-5-speed conversions. Fast forward to today and 500 lb-ft of torque is the new standard and shift points and power quickly escalate from there. Being one of twelve Tremec Elite Distributors worldwide I am more than qualified to compare the the TKO-500 & TKO-600. Tko 500 Bellhousing; Tko 500 Vs T5; Silver Sport Transmissions offers TREMEC T-5, TKO, TR-4050, Magnum, Magnum-F, and Magnum-XL 5 & 6-Speeds as well as A41 and A41X 4-Speed Automatic conversion kits for classic cars, trucks, street rods, 4WDs, and select imports. The Ford 3550 sounds like a good candidate for now rated at 375ft/lbs. The transmission almost always grinds and misses 3rd gear at track day events. Add to Cart. For a cable driven speedometer to be accurate, it requires the correct combination of 4 different things - DRIVE GEAR, DRIVEN GEAR, TIRE DIAMETER and REAR END RATIO. She was born in Rosh Ha'ayin, Israel. Tko My TKO-600 has been in since June 2003, one of the 1st installations of a Tremec, period. This is the 1-2 fork with three pads while the Fifth gear fork uses only two. Tremec t5 Tremec 3550 Tremec tko Teremec tko II Tremec T-45 Tremec tko 500 Tremec tko 600 Tremec 3560 Tremec t-56 The list is not in order of strength, just the ordered I remembered each one in off te top of my head. 00 Perfect fit for LS or LT engines using a GM Muncie, Richmond, Saginaw, or TREMEC TKX, TKO500/600. McMinnville. This tends to be suitable for the vast majority of 4-to-5-speed conversions. T5/TKO500 install kits, including a completely NEW bellhousing that Fairborn carries for $800. Don TC # 349. Ford Tremec 3550 Tko 500 600 Main Case 2606106. We are an Elite Tremec Transmission Distributor, making us the best source for all of your T-5, T-45, T-56, T-56 Magnum, TKX, TKO-500, TKO-600, TR-3650 and TR-6060 transmission needs. Ran them through gearcalc and 1st gear would be about identical on both tko500/3. The tko 600 is actually rated at 600 ft/lbs. Comes with our 2 year American Powertrain warranty. My engine probably makes from 260 - 300ft/lbs. Tremec TKO 500 – $2,595 Click here for more information on Tremec TKO Transmissions. Gal Gadot is an Israeli actress, singer, martial artist, and model. Sequential Shifter: Magnum. You still have to use the mustang drive shaft and conversion ujoints. 82 5th) 3550/TKO II 5sp (0. 08 rear that was too much. 00) Bronze Shift Fork Pads. (this was at 6k rpm with 26. Description 4 2603968 Bolts, Shift Control Assembly 1 2606213 3/4 Shift Lug 1 12F000015 Expansion Plug 1 1386-021-001 Boot 1 30-17-4 Shift Control Assembly 1 TCPT5706 Cover Plate. I went with a used tko to save cash. TREMEC TR-3550. Her parents are Irit, a teacher, and Michael, an engineer. Tremec TKO 600 Ford ( TCET5008) The original 5-speed overdrive heavyweight. Description: Ford 2. WSP Performance Transmissions specializes in complete 5 & 6 speed TREMEC / TKO manual transmission conversion kits for Ford, GM, and Mopar applications. Brief explanation of the T5 vs TKO-600 Transmission. 85" input shaft. The TKO 500 and TKO 600 have torque capacities of 500- and 600-ft. These hydraulic release bearings have been designed for ease of installation and maximum reliability, at a very competitive price. 500" Compare Quick View Part # 6056955 Ram Clutches 6955 Clutch Parts-Ford Disc 1-1/16 Inch Riveted-10 Spline $97. Discussion Starter · #21 · Jun 11. For a cable driven speedometer to be accurate, it requires the correct combination of 4 different things - DRIVE GEAR, DRIVEN GEAR, TIRE DIAMETER and REAR END RATIO. TKO 5-SPEED Application Part # Engine Torque Capacity (lb-ft. 1970 Std Coupe, owned since 1983. 10 rear gear, you won't have a 1st gear. Tremec T-5 5 Speed Transmission - 2. Multiple shifter locations & dual speedo pick-ups for extreme versatility. Lowest Price Guarantee. I also expect to be beating the piss out of the tranny, drag launches multiple times per day, etc. They can both handle the power. 7,029 Posts. I've only had the car out 3 times since the new tranny is in, for a total of about 30 (great) miles. 73 rear end ( 2. So far this sounds like a deal. TKO 5 Speed The mustang T5 are everywhere and pretty reasonbly priced. This bellhousing is not S. LS/LT GM Aluminum Bellhousing (168 Tooth) to TREMEC TKX, TKO500/600, Muncie, & Saginaw transmission 4501002 Regular price $385. Ford Racing Mustang Hurst T5/T45 Shifter; Steeda Ford Mustang Tremec T5/T45 Tri-Ax Shifter; American Powertrain White Lightning Shifters. For TKO-500 & TKO-600 30-17-4X DDisassembly and Assembly Instructionsisassembly and Assembly Instructions Qty. So this paragraph isn’t really a comparison, but rather an informational section that applies to both transmissions. Feb 03, 2017 · the 2000 fbody t5 should have this gearing, 3. That motor is producing what, 400hp at the wheels - maybe close to 500 at the flyewheel? More, with 18# of boost. 0 Shifter $3,004. A FRIEND JUST SOLD A TKO 500 WHICH I WAS GONNA BUY FROM HIM, BUT HE ALOS HAS A 3550 OUT OF HIS 87 FOX. Actually the best tremec trans that can be built to hold the moat power is actually the tr3650 thanks to its large case size. 0 Shifter $3,004. 65mph 5th gear tko 500 (3. Please Email me for a quote and I will provide the aditional amount above and beyond the normal shipping that needs to be added to the total. J Also if my memory serves correct, there is a road race TKO 600. TREMEC TKO 500 / TKO 600 Basics The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled. 2003-2014 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 series trucks with the AAM 11. Tremec TKO 500 - $2,595 Click here for more information on Tremec TKO Transmissions. Add To Cart. 5 AAM Spider Gear Kit, 74046293. I went with the TKO 500 and like it. Foxbody T5 Transmission. T5 Drive Gear and Driven Gear Combinations. 910" Full 1330 C4, AOD, Tremec T5, Toploader T2-3-10431HP: 32 1. The T-5 manual transmission has been installed as original equipment in a variety of vehicles, from pick-up trucks and SUV's to the 5. - Transmission - T5/TKO 500 And 600/TR3550 - Transmission Type - Manual - Weight - 22 lbs. QuickTime RM-8059 Flathead Bellhousing to TKO 500/600, TR 3550, T5 Mustang. • New Tremec Offerings: TKO 500 and 600, T-56 Magnum • Supporting Parts Needed: The TKO is a bit shorter than this model's T-5, but many companies sell a small spacer that bolts to the back of the driveshaft to make up the difference. This is a good used T5 transmission from a 2001 up for auction is a brand new ford motorsport world class tremec t5 manual transmission. Description: Ford 2. The TKO transmissions are proven, sturdy, and fairly well available. Tremec TR-3550 Pdf User Manuals. I got a liberty faceplated tko 500 surface enhanced, cryo treated, screw in main bearings and the case epoxied to keep it from deflecting so much. Trying to decide between the TKO 500 or TKO 600. Tremec t5 Tremec 3550 Tremec tko Teremec tko II Tremec T-45 Tremec tko 500 Tremec tko 600 Tremec 3560 Tremec t-56 The list is not in order of strength, just the ordered I remembered each one in off te top of my head. 82 compared to the. 6000-Series hydraulic release bearings are designed to mount onto the transmission input shaft bearing retainer, and are compatible with a variety of transmission types: Ford Tremec TKO/TKX/500/600. I didnt want to go that route, because of the maximum torque ratings for the T5. pros: for stock its very strong and can handle the abuse, 6 gears. TKO 600 5 speed. Gal Gadot, Actress: Wonder Woman 1984. 1985 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 5. 1979-2021 Ford Mustang Short Throw Shifters. These Kits are Proudly Produced in the U. the TKO will hold up to 500 HP and the T5 I wouldn't push beyond 350 or 400. The TKO was a stronger version of the 3550. I thought the guy was asking about a 93 Camaro T56 not a Viper Trans. 31) 1848rpm. 00) Bronze Shift Fork Pads; Surface Enhancement Processed Hubs & Sliders. Just a nice weekend driving street car, non track. Within each of these models, multiple gear ratios are avail­able. Hurst Manual Transmission Shifter Blackjack For 70-81 Camaro Tremec TKO 500/600 $461. Hurst Driveline TKO 500 / TKO 600 5-Speed Transmissions. The stock t56 also is not up to handling 650, build it and built a t45 and I promise the t45 will hold just as much power and shift ten times better. 1; Universal fork brackets for diaphragm or cable operated linkage; Pivot ball, fork brackets, grade 8 bolts and full engine plate included › See more product details. TKO 5-SPEED Application Part # Engine Torque Capacity (lb-ft. It's important to note that the six-speed upgrade is definitely the way to go, however, will cost you an extra $500 - especially when paired with a high-revving LS engine that can really stretch its legs on the. There is also a TR-4050 5-speed for 4-wheel-drive trucks, but since this blog is about converting your car to a TREMEC, we'll leave that one out for now. Speed Gems is a manufacturer and supplier of transmission adapters that allow the custom car builder to use a variety of engine and transmission combinations. The UPS Store Bettendorf is your locally owned UPS Shipping destination. The TKO 500 and TKO 600 have torque capacities of 500- and 600-ft. The casting is very poor in my opinion. A: Some TREMEC transmissions are designed specifically to use automatic transmission fluids (ATF) for good shift quality in cold conditions, compatibility with synchronizer friction materials, and minimized parasitic drag to maximize power to the wheels. Designed to be a replacement of the earlier model TR-3550, the TKO 500 5 Speed has been significantly upgraded, making it more robust, flexible and versatile. They sell T5 rebuild videos from gearzone. 5 out of 5 stars. You still have to use the mustang drive shaft and conversion ujoints. Leading provider of high performance automatic transmissions, torque converters and drivetrain components for race, street/strip, hot rod, street rod and towing. The 1-2 split is big so rather than play with rear gear to favor 1st for my street car, I am thinking to change the rear to favor the other four gears and later go back and change the 1st gear ratio. Hurst Driveline TKO 500 / TKO 600 5-Speed Transmissions. i drive a tko600 behind a 351 with 30-hrs and it shifts better now i believe with more use. The TKO replaced a Richmond 4+1 5 speed (5th =1:1). I'M NEED A TRANNY. 0L Mustang movement and has since been fitted into nearly every rear-wheel drive performance application imaginable. Ford Racing Mustang Hurst T5/T45 Shifter; Steeda Ford Mustang Tremec T5/T45 Tri-Ax Shifter; American Powertrain White Lightning Shifters. Walsh says some early TKOs used two pads on the. Sep 19, 2004 #7 The 90+ 5. You have a t5, not a t5z and not a tremec. Within each of these models, multiple gear ratios are avail­able. The TR-3550 five-speed overdrive transmission was developed to provide great torque capacity and is ideal for specialty sports cars the Tremec T-45, TR-3550, TR. Lowest Price Guarantee. with a TKO-500 and it's 3. There is also a TR-4050 5-speed for 4-wheel-drive trucks, but since this blog is about converting your car to a TREMEC, we'll leave that one out for now. The Ford 3550 sounds like a good candidate for now rated at 375ft/lbs. The T5 is not very strong in stock form and was basically used on 302 motors. I used to run 3. The TKO 600 was very quiet compared to the old T5 transmission. Second, although the spacer will move it back if he needs it, small block and big block bells are different depth. All Conversion Crossmember sales includes a full product warranty as well as our unparalleled customer. The t56 is not what you guys think it is. 68 5th) LT1/LS1/Viper T56 6sp. Thanks for all the help - excellent information. "World Class" models were introduced in 1985. These kits are complete down to the pilot bushing, the driveshaft (specify length), cross member, speedo cable etc etc. Speed Gems is a manufacturer and supplier of transmission adapters that allow the custom car builder to use a variety of engine and transmission combinations. A Viper trans is a lot more expensive than a TKO 500/600, About a grand more. 27 first gear and a. In the early 1980's, the T-5 manual transmission has became a highly evolved, extremely compact and versatile 5-speed. MGW Logo Shift Ball. Remember that the TKO has 7 teeth driving the speedo vs 8 on most T5's. The 1-2 split is big so rather than play with rear gear to favor 1st for my street car, I am thinking to change the rear to favor the other four gears and later go back and change the 1st gear ratio. The difference on the 500 versus the 600 is all preferance on your gear splits. Factory 1983-1989 Mustang T5 or AOD; Ford Racing M-7003-Z World Class T5; Tremec 3550, TKO, TKO 500, TKO 600, TKX; Tremec T56 Magnum; 1996-1998 Cobra T45; Or you are converting your 1990-1995 Mustang T5 to a 7 tooth drive gear; 8 Tooth; Select this if you have a: Factory 1990-1995 Mustang T5, AOD, AODE; 1996-1998 GT T45, AODE, 4R70W; 1994-1998. 925″) and currently a GForce T5. The kit consists of the transmission, driveshaft, u-joints, cross-member, Energy Suspension mount, speedo cable and gear, reverse light pigtail, pilot bearing, and hardware. Originally built by Borg-Warner, these units are now manufactured by Tremec. In the aftermarket, Tremec first built the 3550 five-speed, which was later superseded by the TKO. Here is a bit of the history of the TKO line. Tremec TKO 600 Chevy / GM ( TCET5009) The original 5-speed overdrive heavyweight. The T5 offers overdrive for light-duty early Jeep applications that have the Dana 18 or Dana 20 transfer cases. Differences between the TKO500 and 600 are mainly in gear ratios and input shaft splines. You should be fine with the TKO500, but a heavy duty T5 is a fairly wimpy trans rated at only 300 ft lbs! The long stroke Studebaker V8 has a max torque rating of 330. TKO me!!! t5z you!!! i did a lot of research and the TKO is my choice if you are able to do a different rear ratio like a 3. The TKO-500/600 uses a total of nine pads for a complete transmission. Turns out this is a common complaint online. The TKO transmissions are proven, sturdy, and fairly well available. Hurst Driveline TKO 500 / TKO 600 5-Speed Transmissions. Tremec manual transmission. - rated T-5). 6" tire) So you have shift a bit sooner. B 400-500 hundred for a clutch and at least 300 on a fly wheel(new crank is 8 bolt) So that puts me around 2900. Can use any throwout bearing or hydraulic bearing for TKO or TKX. There are of course other alternatives with companies selling you a custom TKO or T5 five speed. Looks like the best options being the TKO 600 and Richmond Super Street 5 speed. An Elite Tremec Transmission Distributor, making us the best source for all of your T-5, T-45, T-56, T-56 Magnum, TKO-500, TKO-600, 3650 and 6060 transmission needs. This is a good used T5 transmission from a 2001 up for auction is a brand new ford motorsport world class tremec t5 manual transmission. ) Speedo Type Spline Count Gear Ratios Input Output 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th Rev GM TCET4616 Any 500 No 99 Mech/Elec 26 31 3. 10 spline input shaft with a 31 spline output shaft. Hi, I have a 65 mustang, 363cid (Boss302) with a Quicktime bellhousing RM-6065 (for TKO 500/600-TR3550-T5, depth 6. She served in the IDF for two years, and won the Miss Israel title in 2004. Please Email me for a quote and I will provide the aditional amount above and beyond the normal shipping that needs to be added to the total. 2 Synchromesh MTF Chrysler Trucks all vehicles except as noted NV 3500 manual Transmission GLS. TREMEC TKO-500 / TKO-600. Features and Benefits: - Ford Performance Quality. Classic Motorsports Group offers complete kits for installing the TKO into almost any GM muscle car and 1960-1972 Chevy trucks. 68 reduces RPM for a fun ride and enhanced. 72 all t5's starting in 93, gm or ford have a ford mounting pattern and are "world class" trannies. I was doing some research (which usually brings up more problems) and I found this info : "Ford 3550, a step up from a T-5z with 3. all gears >> TKO-500, TKO, 3550 (3. 0's have a world class t5 with 300lb ft rating. the 3550 is stronger than all three. The image shows three shifter locations at 7, 12. As more and more enthusiasts realize the benefits of an overdrive, not just for fuel economy, but for less noise and more comfort, we will continue to see the Tremec TKO and big brother the T-56 Magnum getting swapped into every variation of vehicle. Fits 3 7/32 by 1 1/16 U-Joint - 1310 Series. The Tremec design T-5 5 speed transmission has been around since the early 80's. 83 5th) 3550/TKO/500 5sp (0. 5 out of 5 stars. TKO 600 Vs TR3650. The difference on the 500 versus the 600 is all preferance on your gear splits. Ford Tremec 3550 Tko 500 600 Main Case 2606106. TKO vs c4 Can you guys give me some pros/cons of both transmissions? I'm building a 408W and my t-5 won't hold up under these kind of hp #'s. The TKO gears are a little larger, so they are a little harder to spin up/down when shifting. The UPS Store Bettendorf is your locally owned UPS Shipping destination. Far and away the most versatile 5-speed transmission on the market, the TKO offers an impressive array of flexibility features – including multiple shifter locations, mounting configurations, gearing. The f-body T56 has a 17 pulse per driveshaft revolution VSS signal generator in the tailshaft. A T56 or TKO 500 would be nice but not really within my budget. The Ford Performance Tremec M-6392-M46 bellhousing will help get your Tremec transmission bolted to your modular engine making installation a breeze. The TKO-500 and TKO-600 five-speeds are Tremec aftermarket units that have been around since 2004 and are usually only found as new assemblies. Silver sport trans have quoted complete kit for TKO500, they said T5 would take more to make fit. When it's time to upgrade your transmission, turn to the torque transfer pros at American Powertrain! They specialize in Tremec 5- and 6-speed gearboxes and also build a full line of accessories and installation kits designed to make your next swap go like clockwork. Tranzilla TKO Synchro Rings are available from you local Rockland Standard Gear dealer or directly from Rockland. You WILL be taking off in 2nd. A T56 or TKO 500 would be nice but not really within my budget. Click the link! 17 tooth purple dimension -1. So $2K or so for the A-5 gearset and put it together myself, or ~$2600 plus bellhousing (~$250ish) and other additional parts for a TKO 500. Not anyway near a real tremec like a tko or a tko 500. (this was at 6k rpm with 26. TKO-600 5sp (0. 925 in deep this bellhousing will. Tremec Transmission (TTC) Specs. It appears from just looking up something that the TKO 500 and 600 are both capable of handling 600 ft lb torque and other than that only difference I notice from reading is the gear ration difference( correction the 500 about 500 foot pounds of torque and the 600 around 600 foot pounds of torque). Tremec manufactures a TKO 500 and 600 which are easy upgrades from a standard T-5 but have a much higher max torque capacity. For TKO-500 & TKO-600 30-17-4X DDisassembly and Assembly Instructionsisassembly and Assembly Instructions Qty. or 4 payments of $12. pros: very little to cut for trans tunnel, can still use the factory gauge cluster, use a factory style shifter, only 100 punds. The TKO 5-speed is an early top-loader-style transmission rated for up to 600 lb-ft of torque capacity, and it can be reliably shifted at engine speeds up to 6,200 rpm. If you were racing and did alot of 80mph plus runs, get the 600 if not the 500 is good.